- Recently arrived on the big blue shelves is the following bumper crop of games.
- The landing of Terraforming Mars (quick - almost out of stock!)
- A ping of Captain Sonars.
- A crop of Tuscany Essential Edition.
- A heist of Grifters.
- An ocean of Ticket to Ride Rails and Sails.
- A... pallet?... of Codenames Pictures (okay, this is getting harder).
- And we have broken the drought on Forbidden Desert (back again - stock and puns!)
- New to Blue Herring - The Dragon and Flagon: a game of bar brawling mayhem, set in a 3D tavern environment!
Blue Herring Games
~ because life's too short for another game of Monopoly ~
Blue Herring Games celebrates modern board gaming with a range of reviews, player guides, products, and general musings.
Our focus is on increasing the exposure of quality board games to those seeking a new diversion.
- No pop culture toys ('bobble heads' confuse and slightly scare us)
- No video games (we never completed 'Frankie Goes to Hollywood' on the Commodore 64, and perhaps never really recovered)
- No Monopoly (surely everyone already has a copy?)
- Just quality board games!
* Late-November Special *
So this one was late getting up on the website, but worth the wait!
Princes of Florence is one of the most under-rated of modern board games. It is increasingly hard to find in Australia, but we are delighted to have sourced 5 copies from overseas as our feature game of the month! (oh - and one extra copy with some box damage on the clearance rack. The boat ride from the US didn't agree with it).
This game brings together: a very accessible bidding round / tetris style town building / incredibly high tension in trying to complete your objectives in the limited time available / and philosophers. Does any other game in your collection tick all those boxes?
Still ranked in the top 100 of boardgamegeek's all time greatest list!
Sale price $56 - while stocks last